WordPress is a popular content management system that allows users to create and manage websites easily. One of the essential features of WordPress is the ability to create and manage pages. In this beginner’s tutorial, we will walk you through the process of creating and managing pages in WordPress.
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard: To get started, log in to your WordPress admin area. This is usually done by visiting your website’s domain followed by “/wp-admin.” For example, if your website is www.example.com, you would visit www.example.com/wp-admin.
2. Navigate to the Pages section: Once you are logged in, you will find a sidebar menu on the left-hand side. Hover over the “Pages” tab, and a sub-menu will appear. Click on “Add New” to create a new page.
3. Create a new page: You will be redirected to the page editor screen. Here, you can add a title for your page in the provided field. Below the title field is the content area, where you can enter the text and media for your page. You can use the toolbar above the content area to format your text, add links, insert media, and more.
4. Customize your page: WordPress offers various customization options for your pages. On the right-hand side of the page editor, you will find the “Page Attributes” box. Here, you can select a parent page, template, and order for your page. These options can help you organize your pages and give them a unique appearance.
5. Publish or save your page: Once you have finished creating your page, you can publish it by clicking the “Publish” button on the right-hand side. If you want to save your page as a draft and publish it later, click the “Save Draft” button instead. You can also preview your page before publishing it by clicking the “Preview” button.
6. Managing your pages: After creating your pages, you can manage them from the “Pages” section in your WordPress dashboard. Here, you can view a list of all your pages, edit existing pages, delete pages, and organize them into hierarchies.
7. Creating a navigation menu: To make your pages easily accessible to visitors, you can create a navigation menu. From your WordPress dashboard, go to “Appearance” > “Menus.” Here, you can create a new menu and add your pages to it. You can then choose the location where you want the menu to appear on your website.
That’s it! You have successfully created and managed pages in WordPress. With these basic steps, you can continue building and expanding your website by adding more pages and customizing them to suit your needs.